Now it’s time again to look back 2014, and refresh the memories of joy, and appreciate the accomplishments.
Family : We three as a family faced ups & downs, and we have grown stronger this year. Could not visit India.
Home : Looks okay. Need to do regular cleanup 😦
Travel : My Dream Destination: Disney World, Florida. We also visited New York- Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, Washington DC- Cherry Blossom Festival, Pennsylvania- Bushkill Falls.
Finances : Creating Monthly Budget, Tracking and Following the plan. Need to do the Financial Plan for future.
Eating out- Not much eating out. Only Dunkin donuts, or pizza at times. Good job 🙂
Hobbies : I realized I am not so good at baking from scratch. It’s better to bake cakes from Dunkin Hines.
Health : My Health has been ok this year. Need to workout more, and lose weight.
Books : Got the library subscription and read these books:
- Dress Your Best: The Complete Guide to Finding the Style That’s Right for Your Body – by Clinton Kelly and Stacy London
- The truth about Style- by Stacy London
- Freakin Fabulous – by Clinton Kelly
- Freakin Fabulous on Budget – by Clinton Kelly
- Oh No, She didn’t: The Top 100 Style Mistakes Women Make and How to Avoid Them – by Clinton Kelly
- Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother – by Amy Chua
- Half Girlfriend – by Chetan Bhagat (still reading)
Pari : Pari completed her PreK successfully. Her studies are so far so good.. Now, she is in Kindergarten, and she is trying to reach the milestone of reading, which is making me anxious everyday. I will write about her school experiences soon. She is doing good in school, Her art was selected to be displayed in the district’s Board Meeting Room.
Mood : The mood throughout this year has been full of ups and downs… There are so many wrong decisions, my inability to control my emotions let me down. But, overall, it was good, especially the travel.
Overall : A great year …..looking forward to the new year 2015..
Now, here is the report card for 2014. ( Goal Vs Achievements)
- Get her to eat Fruits, Vegetables & Curd.– She is eating Fruits & vegetables and curd.
- Increase her social circle so that by Next B’day in Feb 2014, she has atleast 6 friend – As of now, she has couple of friends. & I am okay. 🙂
- Goes for Bollywood Dance, went for ballet classes for 3 months, and she loved it.
- She attended Swimming Class for Summer & Fall. The instructors were real impressed with her progress.
- Home Decor – Need to improve more skills.
- Photography – Got my favorite Pentax K-50. Loving the lens and loved my photographs in Times Square.
- More Blogging.- This year my blog got so much neglected :(. Want to write everyday. But it would be too much. So, atleast 1 post a week would be great.
- Pooja Thali- Did not finish.
Personal Health & Beauty
- Look Good to Feel Good- 2014 was good. Need to work more on eye makeup.
- Whenever leaving home, apply kajal & a lip gloss, perfume spray- Done 🙂
- Walk a lot … 😦
- Do one thing at a time, and keep kitchen clean while working- On the right track 🙂
- Get up early. I have alarm at 7:00 am. Try to get up at 6:45 am- hmm 😦
- Make more friends and nurture the ones I have – Still to improve
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water – 😦
- Stay Mindful-everyday – yes-yes offcourse. I have so many things.
- Be more money/Investment Savvy- MF, Life Insurance, Financial Planning, Budget Savvy- 🙂