I don’t know if I am doing things correctly, and if what will be the impact of these in her life. Most of my fellow-moms don’t do the way I take care of Pari and I don’t do the way they ake care of the kids. I am not sure what will be the effect. But this is just a record for you Pari, This is how we both are raising you.
1. When we first came to USA in 2013, the only princess we knew was Cinderella and Snow-white. Once, we went to a nearby dollar store, and got some coloring pages of princesses. There were, I believe 7 of them, And Pari was asking which color to choose for which princess, what’s their name? I really had no clue what to answer her. Then started the process of exploring with the help of story books and movies. And within 2 months, we both got very familiar with all the Disney Princesses Cinderella, Snow white, Belle, Aurora-Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel, Jasmine, Merida, Tiana. But my fellow moms of girls, they did not know much about the princesses, but the kids knew a lot. I was like, why don’t I say this: Oh, I don’t know all these princesses. Only my kiddo knows about these Disney princesses. I thought, maybe the kids are smart enough to know about these princesses all by themselves.
2. I let her watch toys review on YouTube. She knows ahead of time what are the latest toy craze in town- be it shopkins, my little pony, ever after high or monster high. She has an amazing knowledge.
3. Since she was small like 2-3 years of age, I used to take her to all the shops even for grocery shopping or clothing shopping. I used to make her touch and feel different varieties of fabrics. She knew what to do if she didn’t see us. And then at 5 years of age, she became my perfect partner for shopping. After asking Husband’s review, I only buy those clothes that have been given a green signal by Pari.
4. I had a dream of seeing Pari dancing on stage. And that dream fulfilled on 2014. I loved watching her dance. But somehow, she didn’t continue her dance. I was a bit sad about it, but now seeing her, I feel happy that she loves to dance on “Ladki beautiful kar di chull”, “Tamma Tamma again”. And the way she was so interested in the International Night Dance Practice. Somewhere, a seed was sown.
5. Since her toddler years, I introduced her to the world of art & craft. I used to do a lot of crafts at home with my Pari. And she loved to color with crayons. Around5-6 years of age, she made lots of canvas paintings with her Dad And now at 8 years of age, she still loves to paint.
6. Since Pari was born, I wanted her to be in creative field. I never taught her english not even Maths. And now at 7-8 years of age, she wants to be : An Artist, Singer and Fashion Designer.