It’s about 5 months we moved to California. Initially, as usual, I faced little settling issues. Didn’t like the place at all. But, with all the friends here, within 1 month I was like fully settled. Especially Pari’s friends was the most difficult part. She made friends in the neighboring apartment, but didn’t really go well.
So, we spent most of our summer vacations:
- Reading books: Bailey the School kids series, yes, girl you made me read these stories too.
- Having fun in the park, and water sprinklers.
- Nearby shopping places : Michaels, Safeway, Ross
- Swimming classes and swimming pool in the apartment.
- Visiting places: Yosemite Valley, Santacruz Beach and Boardwalk, San Francisco, Children’s Discovery Museum-San Jose
- Visiting Library.
Well, I felt a little better here, in terms of Myra. Because we downsized our home from New Jersey, so I had ample of space here for Myra to move, loved to see her crawl, moving around holding furniture and finally walking and falling and walking again. We had friends here, who would visit frequently and Myra was so happy to see them.
What I like here:
- Most of the shops are nearby.
- Very tasty samosa and Biryani – within 2 miles
- I like the weather except rain
- Feels very much like staying in Bangalore- Full of Desis.
- I love my home here- very airy and ample of sunlight in balcony.